Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Rosemary little Dumplings

Dumplings are one of my favored side dish. It reminds me of my childhood when my mother made them from scratch. Especially, on special occasions like on a Sunday afternoon inviting guest over.

I made Dumplings with Rosemary from scratch and defrosted lamb stew which I bought at Karen KOOP in Maple Ridge, BC

However, I am going to show you for now how to make home-made dumplings. You will see it is not so bad nor time consuming. The potatoes can be cooked the night before or in the morning and the rest can be done right before the lamb, beef or chicken stew is done..






Here are the ingredients: 4 portions

750 g Russel potatoes

150 g potato flour

2 eggs

1/2 cup plain yogurt

1/2 tbsp salt

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1 tsp. pepper

1 tbsp rosemary (fresh)

Part 1:

Boil the potatoes in salt water until soft. Peel and press them through a hand press. If you do not know what a hand press looks like...go to my recipe: "Zwetchgenknoedel"...I added a picture on this.....


Part 2:

Add all the above ingredients and make a potato dough. To form the little dumplings use a ice cream spoon, they come in different sizes. Then place them in the fridge for about 10 mins or until your salt-water boils. Then add them all in and wait until they all pop up to the surface.



Rosemary potato dough


Swimming dumplings on the surface


DONE!


They are not only looking cute...they are soooo...

                                                                                  DELICIOUS to the TASTE!





No comments:

Post a Comment