Friday, September 19, 2014

What is it EDAMAME?


Some of my German friends are probably not familiar with EDAMAME....I am not sure if it is so popular in Germany as it is in Canada or in Asian Countries. 

I have been away from Germany almost 6 years, so I am not up-to- date...

But what is EDAMAME....



They are immature soy beans in the pod. Edamame can be eaten row, softly saute, boiled or steam and you can serve them by adding sea salt. This type of veggie is found in asian countries like Japan, China or Taiwan etc...



Nutrient content


Edamame and all preparations of soybeans are rich in carbohydratesproteindietary fiber, and micronutrients, particularly folates,manganese, and vitamin K


Recipies

More recipes can be found on: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crispy-edamame/...this is a side I favor too..


Research and photos from: wiki and google image...

No comments:

Post a Comment